The Westchester Children's Museum, located in historic landmark buildings on the Boardwalk at Rye Playland, recently completed construction to expand our exhibit and programming space to 6,000 square feet.
Our expanded and enhanced interactive exhibits and programming space features Toddler Beach, the KEVA Planks construction exhibit; the Build Your Own Roller Coaster exhibit and two Makerspaces. This marks completion of the first phase of the Museum’s plan to develop its soaring 22,000 square foot space into a full service educational facility. As funds continue to be raised, we will continue to grow.
In addition to onsite exhibits and activities, Museum Educators provide interactive science, art, and cultural programming to children across Westchester County through the Museum Without Walls educational outreach program. We now work with more than 50 community organizations.
The Westchester Children's Museum offers:
- A vibrant, interactive, safe setting for children and adults to come together and interact with each other and other members of their community;
- A hands-on programs designed to stimulate creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Accessibility for all learning styles and abilities;
- A new venue for school trips, including pre- and post-visit educational programs;
- An educational resource center;
Our Mission Statement
The Westchester Children's Museum is a vibrant, interactive learning space providing children, families and school groups the opportunity to nurture curiosity, enhance knowledge and ignite imagination through creative hands-on exploration. The museum is committed to broadening knowledge of the arts, the environment, multiculturalism, and the local and global communities in an educational and recreational atmosphere.