The Westchester Children's Museum is Turning 1
and We Want to Celebrate with You
Saturday, April 29, 2017, 12 - 4pm
The Westchester Children’s Museum is celebrating its First Birthday with a party for everyone:
first time visitors, repeat visitors, longtime supporters and new friends are invited!
Join us for a magical day of interactive play, discovery, and exploration. The whole museum will be filled with fun hands-on activities and special “Exploration Stations." Center Stage will feature a variety of family entertainment scheduled throughout the day. All activities included with regular admission.
12:30 – 1:15: Building Catapults: History and science rolled into one fantastic 45 minutes of fun! Build catapults and see if you can hit the target when you launch your object.
1:45 – 2:30: Deconstruction Lab: Use real tools to take apart old electronics and other household machines to see what’s inside and how they work.
3:00 – 3:45: Living in Space: Interactive challenges enable students to see how astronauts live and work in space. Experiment, problem solve and think creatively to explore the challenges NASA scientists and engineers face in an environment very different than Earth’s.
CENTER STAGE PERFORMANCES:
12:15 – 12:45: Songs for Seeds: https://songsforseeds.com/
1:30 – 2:15: Flor Bromley: http://www.florbromley.com/
3:00 – 3:45: Miss Rhea: http://www.missrhea.com/
- Yarn Sculpture: Large scale collaborative art project.
- Ball Wall: create tracks out of various ramps and stops to see where the balls will go.
- Rig-a-ma-jig: Our popular large scale building kit.
- Float Your Boat Engineering Challenge: Buoyancy boat building challenge. Create a boat with provided materials using design thinking skills to make the most buoyant boat to carry the most weight.
- Light and Optics: Explore how our eyes see at the MakerSpace TinkerTable. Activities include: exploring model eye ball, light table experiments.
- Science of Sound: Explore how we hear and make sounds at the MakerSpace Tinker Table. Activities include: make an instrument to take home, try out tuning forks, water xylophone, and different sized drums
- Re-Creation Play: Large scale building area where we will upcyle boxes, tubes, fabric and more to create a Museum City.
- Balloon Car Racing: How fast will your car go?
- Museum Party Games: Pin the Balloon on the Logo, Photo Op cut out of our Logo Button making station here.
- Craft Table: hands-on craft making with specialists from A.I. Friedman of Port Chester
SPONSORS (List in Formation)
CBRE/New Roc City
Westchester Parent Magazine